Thank you for your interest in our company. We take data protection very seriously.
In principle, you can use our website without providing any personal data. If a data subject wishes to make use of our company's services via our website, this may require the processing of personal data. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we will always obtain the consent of the data subject.
Personal data (such as the name, address, e-mail address or phone number of a data subject) is always processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in line with the applied national provisions on data protection
As the controller, we have implemented numerous technical and organisational measures in order to ensure that the personal data processed via our website is afforded the most complete protection possible. Nevertheless, data transfers via internet can always include security vulnerabilities, meaning that it is impossible to guarantee complete protection all the time. For this reason, any data subject may of course communicate personal data to us by phone, for example, as an alternative.
1. Definition of terms
- "Personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as "data subject"); an identifiable natural person can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- "Data subject" means each identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by the controller.
- "Processing" means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- "Restriction of processing" means the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
- "Profiling" means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- "Controller" means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or member state law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or member state law.
- "Recipient" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data is disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or member state law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of this data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- "Third party" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- "Consent" of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which they, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signify agreement to the processing of personal data relating to them.
2. Name and contact details of the body responsible for the processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Keller & Kalmbach GmbH, represented by the Managing Directors:
Dr. Florian Seidl, Rudolf Karl, Thomas Obermeyer
Address: Keller & Kalmbach GmbH, Siemensstraße 19, 85716 Unterschleißheim, Germany
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: +49 (0) 89 83950; Fax: +49 (0) 89 8395 267
3. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
The postal address for our Data Protection Officer is as follows:
Keller & Kalmbach GmbH, Siemensstraße 19, 85716 Unterschleißheim, Germany; Tel.: +49 (0) 89 83950; Fax: +49 (0) 89 8395 267
Alternatively, the user can e-mail the company at:
4. Erasure and restriction of processing of personal data
We process and store personal data concerning data subjects solely for the period of time necessary in order to fulfil the purpose of the storage, or where this is required by the applicable law to which the controller is subject.
Should the purpose of storage not be fulfilled, or a legally prescribed storage period expire, the personal data is, routinely and in accordance with the statutory provisions, erased or processing thereof is restricted.
5. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of use
a) If you visit our website
In principle, you can use our website without disclosing your identity. When our website is requested, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website's server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. In the process and without any action on your part, the following information is collected and stored until its automatic erasure:IP address of the computer making the request,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file requested,
- Website from which access originated (referrer URL) and
- The browser used and potentially the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
This data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- To guarantee that a connection can be established with the site without issue,
- To guarantee that our website is convenient to use,
- To assess system security and stability and
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We do not use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as an individual under any circumstances.
b) If you use our contact form
If you have any questions, we provide the option of contacting us using a form made available on our website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address in this instance so that we know who sent the enquiry and are able to respond.
Data is processed for the purpose of getting in touch with us in accordance with Article 6(1a) GDPR, on the basis of your freely given consent.
The personal data we collect for the use of our contact form is automatically erased once your enquiry has been dealt with.
c) If you place orders through our website
You can register as a customer for future orders through our website. The benefit of registering is that you can log into our shop directly, using your e-mail address and password, if you wish to place an order in the future, rather than having to enter your contact details again.
In the process, your personal data is entered into an input screen, transmitted to us and stored. If you place an order through our website, we will initially collect the following data if you register:
- Title, first name, last name
- A valid e-mail address
- Postal address
- Phone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Tradesperson status
- Number of employees
This data is collected in order to:
- Enable us to identify you as our customer
- Process, fulfil and transact your order
- Correspond with you
- Issue invoices
- Settle any liability claims that may be brought, and to bring any claims against you
- Safeguard the technical administration of our website
- Manage our customer data
- Enable us to categorise you as our customer in price terms
As part of the order process, we obtain your consent to the processing of this data.
The data is processed following your order and/or registration, and the processing of this data is necessary in accordance with Article 6(1b) GDPR, for the specified purposes, in order to properly process your order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations arising from the purchase contract.
The personal data we collect in order to process your order is stored until the statutory retention obligation expires and thereafter erased, unless we are obliged to retain the data for longer, in accordance with Article 6(1c) GDPR, on the basis of our retention or documentation obligations under tax or commercial law (arising from the German Commercial Code, German Criminal Code or German Fiscal Code), or if you have consented to a longer storage period in accordance with Article 6(1a) GDPR.
6. Additional information on the legal basis for processing
Article 6(1a) GDPR provides Keller & Kalmbach GmbH with a legal basis for processing operations where consent must be collected for a specific purpose of processing. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, this processing is based on Article 6(1b) GDPR. The same applies to processing operations necessary for the performance of measures prior to the conclusion of a contract, such as in the case of enquiries concerning our services and products. Should Keller & Kalmbach GmbH be subject to a legal obligation under which it is necessary to process personal data, this processing is based on Article 6(1c) GDPR. In rare cases, it may be necessary to process personal data in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person. In this case, the processing is based on Article 6(1d) GDPR. Furthermore, processing operations may be based on Article 6(1f) GDPR. This legal basis provides grounds for processing operations not covered by any of the aforementioned legal bases, if the processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests pursued by Keller & Kalmbach GmbH or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. We are therefore permitted to carry out such processing operations in particular, because they have been specifically referenced by European legislators (see the second sentence of Recital 47 GDPR).
7. Taking legitimate interests into account
Where processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1f) GDPR, the legitimate interest of Keller & Kalmbach GmbH is the execution and fulfilment of our business operations for the benefit of our employees and shareholders.
8. Disclosure of data
We solely disclose your personal data to third parties where these third parties are service partners involved in processing the contract, for example logistics companies tasked with delivery and financial institutions tasked with handling payment matters. In cases where your personal data is disclosed to third parties, the scope of the data transmitted is nevertheless limited to the minimum necessary.
Payment service provider Postbank
Credit cards are charged by our partner Postbank Firmenkunden AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 114-126, 53113 Bonn, Germany. We transfer your IP address to our partner Postbank Firmenkunden AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 114-126, 53113 Bonn, Germany for fraud prevention and detection purposes. Your IP address is stored by Postbank in the process. All data is transferred in encrypted form. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future, using the contact details set out on our Legal Notice page.
Keller & Kalmbach may collect information concerning your credit rating if you select a payment method (e.g. purchase on account) where Keller & Kalmbach has to provide services in advance. For these purposes, within the framework of the statutory provisions (in particular the data protection provisions set out in Sections 28a, 28b and 29 of the German Federal Data Protection Act), address and credit rating information is requested from the company CRIF Bürgel Dortmund GmbH & Co. KG and address and credit rating information is also transmitted to CRIF Bürgel Dortmund GmbH & Co. KG for the duration of the customer relationship. Where there is a legitimate interest in address and credit rating information (particularly for credit assessment purposes), CRIF Bürgel Dortmund GmbH & Co. KG will provide this information, including information determined on the basis of scientifically recognised, mathematical and statistical processes. You can find additional information about CRIF Bürgel Dortmund GmbH & Co. KG and their working method at: www.crifbuergel-dortmund.de
Your personal data is not transmitted to third parties for any purposes besides those specified above.
We also only share your personal data with third parties if:
- You have provided your express consent in accordance with Article 6(1a) GDPR,
- Disclosure is necessary in accordance with Article 6(1f) GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- n the event that there is a legal obligation underlying the disclosure in accordance with Article 6(1c) GDPR and
- This is permitted by law and necessary in accordance with Article 6(1b) GDPR for the fulfilment of the contractual relationship with you.
As part of the order process, we obtain your consent to the disclosure of your data to third parties.
Cookies store information produced in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we directly obtain knowledge about your identity as a result.
Cookies are used firstly to make our website more appealing for you to use. For example, we use session cookies to recognise whether you have already visited individual pages on our website. Once you leave our site, these are automatically deleted.
In addition, we place temporary cookies which are stored on your device for a certain, set period and are also used to optimise our site's user-friendliness. If you return to our site in order to make use of our services, this automatically recognises that you have visited us before, what entries you have made and what settings you have adjusted, so that you do not have to repeat these steps.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties, in accordance with Article 6(1f) GDPR.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a notification always appears before a new cookie is placed. Nevertheless, completely deactivating cookies can result in you being unable to use all the features of our website.
10. Links to third-party websites
We have researched and set up the links published on our website with the utmost care. However, we have no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked sites. We are not responsible for the content of the linked sites and we explicitly do not endorse the content of these sites. Sole liability for any illegal, incorrect or incomplete content and for any damages that result from the use or non-use of the information is borne by the provider of the linked site. Any liability on the part of the party that simply indicates the publication by way of a link is excluded. We are only responsible for third-party references if we have positive knowledge of these, i.e. including of potentially illegal or criminal content, and it is technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent their use.
11. Analytical and tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below that we use are implemented on the basis of Article 6(1f) GDPR. We use these tracking measures with the aim of ensuring that our website is appropriately designed and optimised on an ongoing basis. We also use tracking measures to record statistics about the use of our website so that we can optimise our online content for you. These interests are considered legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective purposes of data processing and data categories can be found in the information about the relevant tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics for the purposes of designing our website appropriately and optimising it on an ongoing basis. Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc (https://www.google.co.uk/about//) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are generated and cookies (see Item 5) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as the
- browser type and version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the site visited beforehand),
- host name of the computer accessing the site (IP address),
- time of the server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This information is used to analyse use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services related to the use of the website and the internet for the purposes of market research and designing this website appropriately. This information may also be transferred to third parties where required by law or insofar as third parties perform commissioned data processing. Under no circumstances your IP address is combined with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised to prevent their attribution to individuals (IP masking).
You may prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; please note, however, that if you do this you may not be able to use all the features on this website to their full extent.
In addition, you can prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB).
As an alternative to this browser add-on, and particularly for browsers on mobile devices, you can click on the aforementioned link to prevent data collection by Google Analytics. This places an opt-out cookie, which prevents your data from being recorded in future when you visit our website. The opt-out cookie only applies to the browser you are currently using and only for our website, and is stored on your device. If you delete cookies in your browser, you will have to place this opt-out cookie again.
You can find more information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics using the following link to the Google Analytics help pages: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
12. Integrating services and content from third parties
Due to our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimisation and profitable business activity of our online content within the meaning of Article 6(1f) GDPR), we use content and service packages from third parties within this website in order to integrate their content and services, such as videos or fonts (hereinafter referred to as "content").
As a prerequisite to this, the providers of this content must be notified of the user's IP address, as without this IP address the content cannot be sent to the user's browser. Therefore, the IP address is needed to display the content. We endeavour to only use such content from providers who use the IP address for the sole purpose of delivering the content. Furthermore, third-party providers may use pixel tags (invisible graphics also referred to as web beacons) for statistical or marketing purposes. These pixel tags enable the analysis of information such as visitor traffic to the pages of this website. In addition, the pseudonymised data may be stored in cookies on the user's device and contain, among other data, technical information concerning the browser and operating system, referrer websites, visit duration and other information about the use of our website. This information may also be combined with such information from other sources.
a) AddToAny – bookmarking & sharing
13. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- To obtain information about your personal data that we process, in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your personal data if this was not collected from you and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the details of the automated decision-making;
- To obtain the rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us without undue delay, in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
- To obtain the erasure of your personal data that we store, in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- To obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data, in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the data, if we no longer require the data but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- To receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to transmit this data to another controller, in accordance with Article 20 GDPR;
- To withdraw consent you have previously given to us at any time in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR. This will result in cessation of the data processing that was based on this consent with effect for the future, and
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your usual place of residence or work or our registered office for this purpose.
14. Right to object
To the extent that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, provided that there are grounds relating to your particular situation or your objection is against processing for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that we will implement without giving reasons relating to your particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw your consent or object, you can send an e-mail to: email@example.com
15. Data security
In the context of your visit to our website, we use the common SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer) in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This generally entails 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we fall back on 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can identify whether individual pages of our website are transmitted in encrypted form by the presence of a key or closed padlock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
In addition, we employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually being improved in line with technological advances.